I’m so glad you’re here.
I founded Trochia because, as a pastor and student of the Bible, I’ve heard from so many people how intimidated or uneducated they feel about God’s Word. As Christians, we know that Jesus gave us the Bible to reveal himself, but also to teach us about our identity, purpose and the meaning of our lives. Since the Word of God is like a roadmap to our daily paths, we all wish to learn how to use and apply it with wisdom.
At Trochia, our goal is to mentor Christians to use the Bible as a resource for daily life.
I know how it feels to feel alone, confused or off-track. But I also know that Jesus cares for each of us and loves us more than we can imagine. Through the stories and teaching we share here, I hope that you’ll grow closer to Jesus, and see how his word can influence your paths for good.
Fast facts about me
- I’m from Puerto Rico, number six of seven children raised by a single mother, and insist that 82 degrees is perfect weather.
- I’m married to the love of my life, Jim, and have a blended family of five children (four of them married) and six blended grandchildren. We’re so “blended” we call ourselves the “Smoothie Family” and our sweet black lab, Noelle, is the berry on top.
- My greatest passion is for God’s Word. The first time I read the Bible was a month before my 40th birthday. I became a believer while I was reading the Ten Commandments at Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. Jesus is in the Old Testament too!
- I have a messy past and a beautiful God-sized story of redemption that I share at every opportunity I’m given.
- I am a teaching pastor at Mariners Church
- I completed a Master in Divinity at Fuller Seminary
My life verse and calling
My personal testimony can be summarized in one word, redemption. The Lord has transformed my life in such a way that I am propelled to tell the world about his goodness. This is why I now dedicate as much time as possible to grow in my faith and help others do the same. Like for Paul, this has become my life’s calling.
“He [Jesus] is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.” Colossians 1:28-29 NIV
I love to learn! Here are some of my favorite books which I recommend as an asset to your Christian walk.
Knowledge can be liberating. It empowers us to do things, to imagine and to develop ideas that are life changing. God wants us to know Him. He has inspired the writings and message of the Bible as a way to reveal Himself to humanity.
The Bible is the most important book for every person to read. We must do so on a regular basis, as it is simple enough for a child to read, but a theologian can spend his/her lifetime discovering its treasures. Through the words of God we grow to recognize the voice and heart of God.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
In addition to the Bible, here are a few of the books that we think highly of and would like to recommend as an asset to your Christian walk:
Also, we’d love to hear from you. Do you have books you’d like to recommend? Have you read any of the recommended books? Leave us your comments and/or book reviews.
Here’s a list of some of the books written by our contributors, as well: